Stock 0 0
Russian Submachinegunner model for use in 1-48 Combat, comes complete with scenery piece, game card, counters & 2 head variants.Recruit Igor
- Armed Force: Order of Lenin 62nd Army (62-я армия)
- Unit: 13th Guards Rifle Division
- Rank: Private
- Weapons: PPSh-41 Submachinegun & RGD-33 Grenade
Russian urban combat tactics favoured the extensive use of submachineguns in fierce and bloody close quarters combat.
The PPSh-41 is rugged, effective and available in large quantities thanks to it's simple manufacture using readily available tools - often in makeshift workshops such as car mechanic garages by unskilled labour.
The RGD-33 is different to standard Germans grenades in that it is a fragmentation grenade, sending shards of rectangular metal up to about 10 metres from the detonation point. Although a good grenadier could throw it as far as 40 metres grenades of this type always carry a risk that shards may, on ocassion, travel further than the grenade can be thrown.
Peculiarly the RGD-33 also has an optional sleeve of large diamond cut fragments which further increases the grenades effectiveness, increasing it's kill radius up to about 15 metres from the detonation point.
The RGD-33 was complicated to manufacture and not available in large numbers to the Russian army, consequently it was phased out and replaced toward the end of the siege of Stalingrad.
- 1 x 1:48 scale pewter cast miniature - body
- 2 x 1:48 scale pewter cast miniature - heads
- 1 x Large (60mm wide!) and intricately detailed terrain piece which doubles as a display base
- 1 x Metal 25mm round slotted base
- 1 x Stats card which doubles as a painting guide
- 1 x "Suppression Fire" marker
- 1 x "Opportunity Fire" marker
- 1 x wound marker
- 2 x Russian Action Tokens.