Stock 0 0
German Rifleman model for use in 1-48 Combat, comes complete with scenery piece, game card, counters and poseable arm & head.Recruit Mark
German Schützen (Refileman with Stielhandgranate)
- Armed Force: Wehrmacht 6th Army
- Unit: 79th Infantry Division
- Rank: Private
- Weapons: Mauser Karibiner 98k Bolt Action Rifle & Stielhandgranate
The Rifleman was the backbone of the 6th Army at the beginning of the Stalingrad campaign and the Mauser Karibiner 98k was still a common sight in the 6th army right up until it's eventual demise.
The Model 24 Stielhandgranate issued to the 6th Army was marked with a "K" on the grenade head to denote that it was for use in cold (Kalt in German) conditions. Some had a white stripe painted around the head denoting that it was a smoke grenade, although toward the end of the war a notch was carved into the handle so that soldiers could tell them apart from explosive grenades when fighting in the dark.
Unlike the Model 39 Eierhandgranate (or Egg grenade) the Model 24 was only available in a contact version which exploded on impact, but it took 4 to 5 seconds from arming the grenade for the contact fuse to arm. During the battle for Stalingrad some soldiers in the 6th Army would remove the delay fuse from the grenade, particularly when using them as booby traps.
- 1 x 1:48 scale pewter cast miniature with seperate poseable arm & head
- 1 x Large (60mm wide!) and intricately detailed terrain piece which doubles as a display base
- 1 x Metal 25mm round slotted base
- 1 x Stats card which doubles as a painting guide
- 1 x "Suppression Fire" marker
- 1 x "Opportunity Fire" marker
- 1 x wound marker
- 2 x German Action Tokens.